We don’t yet know when lawmakers will be back for the second special session, but the advocacy strategy is much the same. You need to know who is on your team and how you can best influence Oklahoma Legislators.
On Nov 30th we will be hosting the
Typically this statewide meeting is a chance to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next, but it looks like we will still be in middle of our advocacy battle this time. We will keep working together to hold our elected leaders accountable when it comes to fixing the state budget. We need you there!
We plan to video conference with Together Oklahoma members all over the state to have brief educational presentations, networking, snacks, and activities that help everyone immediately take action to:
- Connect TOK members across the state so we can build our team to positively influence each other and our communities.
- Introduce new TOK leaders, plans, tools, and the current situation.
- Get members engaged in taking meaningful actions right away!
- Have fun and make some memories to sustain us through the challenges ahead.
Venues for the Statewide Together Oklahoma Meeting:
- Norman- Norman Public Library, 225 N. Webster, AB room, Norman 5:30pm-7:30pm
- OKC- The Paseo Plunge, 3010 Paseo, Oklahoma City from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Tulsa- Martin Regional Library, 2601 S Garnett road, Tulsa from 5:30pm-7:00pm
- More cities and locations may be announced on the Facebook event soon.
RSVP here on our Facebook event or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you aren’t on Facebook, and please remember to invite other Oklahomans who care!
By the way, I am extremely thankful for every single one of you and your efforts to nurture our home state. Have a good holiday.