Have you ever gone on a tour of Oklahoma? Two stops in, the Together Tuesdays Tour is off to a great start!
We visited Enid and Woodward and learned about some of the challenges facing communities in Northwest Oklahoma.
- Concern about lack of tornado shelters for schools
- Frustration that voters registered as Independent can’t vote in the primaries
- The need to reinvest revenues from energy production
- “Down-staters” ignoring the panhandle
- Oklahoma’s rural-urban split
- Ongoing conversations about consolidating schools
If you’re in that part of the state and want to join in on the conversation, we encourage you to join the new Together Northwest Oklahoma Facebook group.
Here’s what’s coming up next:
- Tuesday, October 21, TWO events in Lawton: Bring your lunch and your friends to the small conference room of the Cameron University CETES center from 11:30-1:00pm and/or join us for light refreshments and a thought-provoking presentation and discussion at Saint John’s Baptist Church from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Tuesday, October 28, Shawnee: Join us at the Shawnee Public Library from 5:30-7:00pm.
- Visits are also being planned in Muskogee, Tulsa, and Bartlesville. Watch www.togetherok.org and facebook.com/TogetherOklahoma for other dates, times, and venues.
Are you ready to tell us about the issues that concern you when we bring our presentation and conversation your way?